Fall is my favorite season for many reasons: the picturesque changing leaves, football every weekend, comfort foods and autumnal cocktails, and the parade of holidays from Halloween through Thanksgiving and the start of the Christmas season.
The increasing chill in the air also makes autumn my favorite sartorial season, as we layer coats over sweaters with our boots crunching over fallen leaves, the weather still just right to consider form over function… or find the perfect balance of both.
This year, I wanted to look at a few fall fashion essentials inspired by movies and TV to get you in the autumnal mood. I forced myself to limit my finds to ten top garments that I wear and appreciate most from October through December:
- MA-1 bomber jacket
- Fleece-lined denim trucker jacket
- Army-style field jacket
- Plaid flannel work jacket
- Pre-WWII leather flight jacket
- Light brown corduroy suit
- Blue denim Western-style snap shirts
- Colorful plaid flannel shirts
- Navy shawl-collar cardigan
- Army-inspired OG-107 utility pants
My goal for each piece was to capture a range of at least five or six options for every budget, aiming for the ideal balance of affordability and quality. Continue reading